1. Writing Articles – Writing articles as a way to market and promote your business is easy, affordable and very
effective! You can write about any topic that you have knowledge of, starting with your area of business or situations you have been in. How to and Countdown articles are very simple to write and are some of the most
read types of articles. Be sure to include a small bio including your contact information and/or website so that readers may find out more about you. Submit your articles to local newsletters, magazines, newspapers,
online article directories, etc.
2. Network with other business owners – use this opportunity to swap referrals and advertising materials (business cards, flyers, samples, etc.) This is a great way to get your information exposed to a whole new market. Try to find business owners from companies that compliment yours, this way its only natural for their customers to look to you for your products/services.
3. Prize Donations – Donate your products to local Radio Stations for Contests and give aways. This is a great way to get samples of your products into the hands of people who may not have previously found you. Be sure to include coupons or discounts as an incentive to get them to do business with you.
4. Promotional Tools – There are all sorts of places you can get different types of promotional business tools. You want to try and do something that will stand out, something that is not done a lot, like the traditional pens, pencils, etc. A great creative type promotional tool is Scratch Off Business Cards, with these you can offer great prizes to your potential customers, discounts, free gifts, and so much more. You can find some great ones at http://www.EasyScratchoffs.com, you can also use these scratch offs on Bookmarks, Candy wrappers, Customer appreciation coupons, gift certificates, the possibilities are endless!
5. Customer Testimonials – Testimonials are a great way to let people know what others think of your products/services. Your best bet is when someone compliments your products and/or services request permission immediately to put a quote in your newsletter, on your website, business materials, etc. Another great way to get testimonials is to offer free samples to a few people in exchange for their testimonial. Friends and family are a great place to start. You can offer this to
strangers as well!
Terra Williams is a Married Work At Home Mom of 4, and the owner of http://www.EasyScratchoffs.com
, a resource for fun, affordable marketing ideas.